The funds acquired by participants and partners every year are spent on carefully selected projects. The spending is distributed as follows: 75% goes to scientific research (national & international) into the cause and treatment of this disease. The remaining 25% is spent on the care and quality of life for current patients.

The Tour du ALS is being organized by the ALS Netherlands Foundation as of 1 September 2017 and is included in the annual reports. The spending & annual reports of the past editions can be found at the bottom of this page (in the Dutch site).